“We have been supporting Action Against Hunger for about six years now, since we started Hawksmoor. I am lucky enough to spend my life around food and drink and to make a living out of what I love, so it feels really appropriate for me to support their work. The restaurant industry should make an effort to support causes that help those around the world who do not have enough to eat. If you have a restaurant and are able to support such a great cause as Action Against Hunger then please do get involved in September & October this year!” Huw Gott, Hawksmoor
If you love food, show it by sharing!
In September & October hundreds of chefs, Michelin-starred and independent restaurants, chains, cafes and gastropubs join together in the fight against hunger. Food lovers make a difference simply by eating out and adding a voluntary £1 donation to the bill in support of Action Against Hunger.
In 2012 over 50 Michelin starred restaurants supported the campaign. Our supporters range from independent fine-dining favourites Bar Boulud, Benares, Marcus Wareing at The Berkeley, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, Roka and Raymond Blanc’s Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, to restaurant groups including Carluccio’s, Hawksmoor, ETM Group and D&D London.
New additions for 2013 include Camino, Time Out ‘Best Latin-American Restaurant 2012’ winner Lima and McQueen’s Shoreditch.
“This is a great opportunity to be part of a premier fundraising campaign for restaurants that is simple, rewarding and helping to raise money to prevent children dying from malnutrition. Just a little of your time and effort can make a positive difference to peoples’ lives!” Raymond Blanc, OBE
How it works
A table card placed on each table during September and October explains the Love Food Give Food concept, making clear that a voluntary £1 donation will be added by the restaurant to the table’s bill at the end of the meal. It also states that the customer may, of course, decline to participate. 100% of all funds raised from customers at the restaurant go direct to ACF-UK.
There is no cost to the restaurant and ACF-UK supplies all materials including in-house marketing. As the donation is added automatically after both VAT and the service charge, the process is straightforward to implement and avoids any VAT implications.
Benefits of supporting Love Food Give Food
PR & Advertising
- A high profile national and regional media campaign encouraging consumers to eat out in participating restaurants.
- Featured on a dedicated listings page on toptable.co.uk
- Media coverage in both national and local press, working with you to provide many of the tools necessary for promoting your restaurant and increasing consumer traffic in September and October.
Online Branding & Marketing
- Listing on our online consumer restaurant directory with a direct link to your website.
- A dedicated social media campaign encouraging consumers to visit participating restaurants in September and October.
- Coverage in our E-newsletters to thousands of foodies.
Staff Engagement & Customer Satisfaction
- A proven method of engaging with both staff and customers to help support Action Against Hunger’s overseas programmes.
- 86% of customers will choose a product or service associated with a cause when price and quality are equal. Research undertaken by Research International (UK)/BMRB, published by Business in the Community in 2007
- By taking part and fundraising you will be helping to save the lives of malnourished children around the world by supporting Action Against Hunger’s overseas programmes.
“I have been supporting Action Against Hunger for over seven years now. I am really proud to be part of Love Food Give Food and I urge you to join me and sign up to support Action Against Hunger today.” Jun Tanaka, ACF Chef Ambassador
If you would like to find out more then please give us a quick call and we can talk through exactly how easy it is to get involved. Alternatively please feel free to sign up using the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.Adam Lawrence 020 8293 6133 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef Ambassadors for Action Against Hunger include: Raymond Blanc, Giorgio Locatelli, Atul Kochhar, Marcus Wareing, Fergus Henderson, Francesco Mazzei, Jun Tanaka, Cyrus Todiwala and Mickael Weiss.